Denying the State of Israel's existence has always been the vogue among Muslim and other hostile states. But recently we have begun to witness Israel denial tolerated in the mainstream.
Israel has been omitted from maps by NPR, Harper Collins, BMW and Air France, to name a few. (Links below)
Incredibly, this bizarre phenomenon has been predicted and mapped out (pun intended) nearly three thousand years ago in the Hebrew Scriptures.
Psalms chapter 83 describes a time when the nations will clamor for Israel's destruction. In an uproar, the nations will seek crafty pretexts with which to eliminate G-d's treasured people.
In verse 5, "They will say: 'Come, let us erase them from being a nation, and that the name Israel never be mentioned again.'"
אָמְר֗וּ לְ֭כוּ וְנַכְחִידֵ֣ם מִגּ֑וֹי וְלֹֽא־יִזָּכֵ֖ר שֵֽׁם־יִשְׂרָאֵ֣ל עֽוֹד׃
In this context, the phrase "ונכחידם מגוי" has been traditionally translated "let us destroy them from being a nation." However, the verb כחד usually denotes to erase, omit, conceal or deny. It can be read, "Let us deny them from being a nation," or "Let us deny their statehood."
1. A Psalm, a song of Asaph.
2. O God, have no silence, do not be silent and do not be still, O God.
3. For behold, Your enemies uproar, and those who hate You raise their heads.
4. Against Your people they scheme cunningly, and they plot against Your hidden ones ("ויתיעצו על צפוניך").
5. They will say: "Come, let us erase them from being a nation, and that the name Israel never be mentioned again."
17. Fill their faces with shame, and they will seek Your countenance, O Lord...
19. Let them know that You-Your name alone is God, Most High over all the earth.