Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Clarification

Thank you to all for reading yesterday’s blog and for your comments.

To clarify my title:

The enemy is among us. We invite it into our living rooms and broadcast its message throughout our homes, cars and workplaces. We grant it prominent space on our PCs, BlackBerries, I-Phones and Facebook pages. We invite its message into our minds by allowing it to define our perception of reality.

The enemy is the mainstream media.

That is not to say that there aren’t bigger, more dangerous enemies. But they are formidable enemies nonetheless. Enemies that we ought to acknowldege.

Every time you visit their sites, tune into their programs, buying their products, etc., you are supporting their inimical cause.

I remember when Ted Turner made hideously anti-Israel remarks in public. In disgust, I promptly cancelled my subscription to AOL. I remember thinking to myself, would I pay to subscribe to Al Jazeera TV? Would I even wish to give them any clicks at all?

So why are we going to CNN or BBC for news?

Why are we funding propagandist organizations that tacitly endorse terrorism?

By the way, thank you to www.honestreporting.com and www.arutzsheva.com for keeping us apprised of the media's recent abuses. Personally, I stopped tuning to the above-referenced news sites years ago.

My challenge to all remains: when will Americans wake up to the reality that the "news stations" are feeding us with not just news, but with political indoctrination?

No comments: